Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Originally in Chinese


A pot of wine under the flowering trees;
I drink alone, for no friends are near me.
Lifting my cup, I ask the moon to drink a toast.
The moon reflected in my cup, my shadow, and me make three.
Then I sigh for the moon cannot drink,
And my shadow, never saying a word, just goes along with me;
With no other friends here, I can but use these two for company.
In this happy time of Spring, I too must be happy with all around me;
I sit and sing. and it is as if the moon accompanies me;
Then if I dance, it is my shadow that dances along with me.
While still not drunk, I am glad to make Moon and Shadow into friends,
But when I have drunk too much, we all part; yet we remain friends.
Though they have no emotion whatsoever; I can always count on them;
I hope that one day we three will meet again, deep in the Milky Way.

0 whispering:

Post a Comment